Welcome to the Beverley Food Festival 2016
Originating in 2006 by Beverley Town Council, the Beverley Food Festival has gone from strength to strength. With 35 carefully selected stalls at the first event, there are now over 110 stalls – all with the same ethos of ‘celebrating local produce, its growers and producers, for the benefit of the town’s residents and visitors.
The Food Festival as a community event is free to attend, and open and accessible to everyone. It’s this unique approach that has led the Beverley Food Festival to become the largest, and most successful, free to attend food festivals in the region, if not the country.
Beverley Town Council continues to innovate and inspire, and new events have been introduced and sustained through support from the Big Lottery Fund’s Changing Spaces ‘Local Food’ programme, which provided two years of funding for the Town Council’s ‘From Field to Table’ project.
Bringing the Hot Street Food Revolution to Beverley Food Festival 2016!
Beverley Town Council is excited to announce the introduction of hot food stalls to this year’s Food Festival.
The community of Beverley spoke so we listened by increasing the variety of foods on offer however still maintaining the excellence of local produce that the festival is renowned for. Alongside the fantastic array of cafes and restaurants which Beverley is already home to, the hot street food stalls will give a chance for the public to ‘eat-in’ and sample the new selection of hot food such as gourmet steak burgers, mouth-watering hog roast, dirty rice paella, authentic Italian pizza and delicious seafood.
Chris Harrison of Shoot The Bull who will be attending the festival is a great believer of this new ‘Street Food Revolution’ that is on the rise in many food festival events saying, “We spend a lot of time on the road but it’s really great to be involved in an event that supports the local community and local businesses so come along and support us by trying our award winning street food!”.
Bert’s Pizzeria, a family run business are also proud to use local produce alongside authentic Italian sourced ingredients to create a modern dining experience for food festivals such as Beverley’s. “We like to support our local food festivals as it gives us a chance to support and also connect with many of our suppliers and customers”.
So come, see and sample the sights and smells of this new and exciting addition to Beverley’s 11th annual Food Festival, you will not regret it!
Beverley Food Festival is a self-funded event, and it is grateful to receive sponsorship from local businesses. It is also a great opportunity for Beverley Town Council and its partners to say how proud we are to have won the REYTA award 2016 for the ‘Remarkable Large Tourism Event’ after sustaining the festival for 10 years.
It is especially outstanding due the small team at Beverley Town Council who organise the cost neutral event which only goes to show what hard work, commitment and enthusiasm can do!
Beverley Town Council Cookery Theatre Marquee Schedule 2016
- 10:00am: Opening – with the Mayor of Beverley, Cllr Rob Begnett. Special guests from BBC Radio Humberside, and professional chefs will attend throughout day with Beverley FM commentating live from inside the marquee
- 10:15am: James Mackenzie – from the Pipe & Glass Inn, South Dalton.
- 11.00am: Tina Cerutti – from ‘Cerutti 2’, Beverley
- 11.45am: John Robinson – from Whites Restaurant, Beverley
- 12:30pm: Ready Steady Cook! – stars from BBC Radio Humberside Jonathan Parker & Chloe Davies cause kitchen chaos with John Robinson (Whites Restaurant) and Matthew Barker (The Westwood Restaurant, Beverley)
- 1:30pm: HEYHA Copper Saucepan Final compered by Phil White from BBC Radio Humberside with finalists Connor Berney and Victoria Martin
- 2:30pm: Ben Cox – from The Star@Sancton
- 3.15pm: Thierry Condette – from TC Patisserie, Beverley.
- 4.00pm Conclusion
Festival Entertainment New to 2016
- Professor Fiddlesticks, unique and colourful, Professor Fiddlesticks is a children and family entertainer, for parties, play-schemes, schools, fun-days and festivals. His show is a fast moving and fun range of circus tricks. Audience members are encouraged to try out various circus arts including devil sticks, balancing, diabolo, yo-yo balls, juggling and unicycling.
- Beverley Brass Band was founded in 1969, for the purpose of fostering and facilitating the musical aspirations of members and to advance their musical knowledge and ability. The end result is the confidence to play in public; this is achieved by providing musical entertainment in Beverley and the neighbouring area at special events promoted by local organisations. 9.30 – 11.30.
- Beverley Garland Dancers are a ladies’ team based in Beverley who dance North West Morris style with flowery garlands or fancy beribboned sticks and are affiliated to the Morris Dancers’ Federation. The ladies dance out at events and festivals to bring a spark of joyous, jingly, floral fun for spectators and themselves! The Beverley Garland Dancers are always looking to expand the team with new dancers and musicians so feel free to come and see how to enjoy yourself!
- The Garnett Sisters are a trio of singing sisters who bring the ‘old to new’ with their retro and timeless style. The trio harmonise their beautiful 40s & 50s vocals to Jazz, Swing, Pop and are guaranteed to have universal appeal with the visitors at Beverley Food Festival this year, without a doubt capturing their attention.
- Easy Coastin is a musical Tribute band to the 50’s and 60’s, the Rat Pack, Elvis, Cliff, and many more. This is there first time performing at Beverley Food Festival and we are certain they will be a fantastic addition to the day!
- All For One Choir are a network of choirs from all around Yorkshire and Lincolnshire who get together and perform uplifting songs that enrich the people who participate and watch. The choir who will be forming are based in Beverley and we cannot wait to hear what they have to sing!
- Beverley FM radio will be treating Beverley Food Festival to a unique LIVE show on the Beverley FM stage from 12-3pm presented by Adam Smith featuring music, stories and much more to keep you all entertained during your visit. The Beverley FM team will also be commentating in the food marquee throughout the day so make sure you go and check them out.